Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd
On 10/02/2016 01:18 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Mathias Homann wrote:

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2016, 08:35:36 CEST schrieb
stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx:
Found on Phoronix and thought to share.

https://www.agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet

on Leap 42.1:

mathias@kirika:~> NOTIFY_SOCKET=/run/systemd/notify systemd-notify ""
Failed to notify init system: No such file or directory

as a habit, by now I take blog posts that claim that systemd is a
gigantic failure with an equally gigantic grain of salt.
+1

Same here, except on TW after running the above command nothing happens. It gives no output and returns to a shell prompt. As soon as I saw the guy ranting about systemd and "Windows and Apple were hardening security while open source became lackadaisical" I clicked out. There's always Devuan for those anti-systemd fanatics.