Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mathias Homann
Gesendet: So. 02.10.2016 09:11
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] interesting reading about systemd

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2016, 08:35:36 CEST schrieb stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx:
Found on Phoronix and thought to share.

"
target="_blank">https://www.agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet

on Leap 42.1:

mathias@kirika:~> NOTIFY_SOCKET=/run/systemd/notify systemd-notify ""
Failed to notify init system: No such file or directory

as a habit, by now I take blog posts that claim that systemd is a gigantic
failure with an equally gigantic grain of salt.

Cheers
MH

Well, to tell the truth, he is not saying this.
His first point is that the way it is programmed (especially the "extra-gear")
is not done as he would expect due to security concerns.
His second point is that using interfaces that are only usable through systemd
are like a vendor lock in. And in this I am quite able to follow the argument,
things should stay modular.
That his opinion is obviously not unbiased is already self explicative by the
title.
The fact that I did post it here is not to say: I endorse. But just to make it
accessible. Because I think he has some interesting arguments.
May be taken with salt and/or pepper. Question of personal taste :-)
-

---
Die Bundesliga hat begonnen! Alle Tore, alle Ergebnisse, alle News: Pocket Liga
jetzt im https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd oder https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd
herunterladen - kostenlos!