Re: [opensuse] TCP vulnerability in Linux kernels < 4.7 on opensuse?
Hi,

Yes, we are affected.

https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-5696.html

It is not as worrysome as it sounds and will be fixed in the next kernel
updates.

Ciao, Marcus
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 09:32:22AM +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:
Hi,

via Spanish opensuse mailing list I heard about this TCP
vulnerability that allows an attacker to hijack unencrypted Web
traffic, or crash encrypted communications.

Googling told me, that the bug is resolved from kernel 4.7 (where on
leap I am with 4.1.27 - some felt 2000 years from 4.7...).

I wonder why I haven't read about that on this list (I might have
missed it though).

Question:

Was that bug somehow patched in the recent standard opensuse kernels
with the common updates like zypper up?

If not, what to do?

Daniel

http://www.daniel-bauer.com

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi.
3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <meissner@xxxxxxx>