Re: [opensuse] TW: Zypper dup : removal of previous kernels
15.08.2016 20:53, ellanios82 пишет:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:02 AM, ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
- i have executed :

# systemctl disable purge-kernels.service
Removed symlink
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/purge-kernels.service.

Is this the correct Solution to my wish to maintain old kernels ?

I suppose yes, if you want to remove them manually.

Dear Andrei , with this solution ,

upon executing :

rpm -Uvh --force kernel-default-xxx.x86_64.rpm

all previous kernels are forceably removed :((

That is what update does - it updates to the latest version and removes
older ones.

- What to do please ?

Do not use update (-U), use install (-i). Although I am not sure why you
use rpm directly in the first place.