Re: [opensuse] A puzzle for the weekend
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 18:01:33 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 08/12/2016 09:02 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:

It's on my TODO since years to find something better than .local but
as long as I blacklist any avahi/mDNS, stuff it works.

As regular readers will entice, I won my own domian.
My solution to the above is to have a subdomain "HOME." within that
for which my local machine is the authority.

Yes, we also use that style for a few things. Our using "local.net"
will slowly stop as we migrate to IPv6 anyway, and I quite fancy using
a subdomain to divide or group machines.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.1°C)