Re: [opensuse] find ip address of connected site in firefox
On 08/12/2016 02:00 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
I run firefox which is connected to a website. How can I find the IP address
of the connected site, possibly running a terminal application. I know there
are firefox addons that can do this but I don't have any installed and I
don't want to restart firefox.

Wireshark will show you any traffic. You can also use the host command
on the server URL to find the IP address(es).

For example:
$ host google.com
google.com has address 172.217.1.110
google.com has IPv6 address 2607:f8b0:400b:807::200e
google.com mail is handled by 50 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 10 aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 40 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 30 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 20 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.