Re: [opensuse] TW: Zypper dup : removal of previous kernels
* ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx> [08-11-16 15:02]:
Hello List ,

TW: zypper dup : How may i prevent removal of previous kernels ?

{ in

/etc/zypp/zypp.conf

had uncommented "multiversion = provides:multiversion(kernel)"

but seems this no longer prevents removal of previous kernels. }

I believe it does but not point releases as:
4.7.0-1.1
4.7.0-1.2
4.7.0-1.3

at least it does for me on Tw.

That is the case for me since I upgraded to 13.2
I have one and only one kernel despite the appropriate line.

In the past, that is while using 13.1 and its dessicated zypper and
purge-kernels I held on to the distribution kernel (which, I admit, was not a
lot of use since the updates to the on-disk Btrfs had made it invalid) and the
previous two kernels, including the point releases.

Now I have ONLY the current kernel.

If this is "what the future holds" no wonder some CosPlayers like historic
re-enactments.