Re: [opensuse] Troubleshooting DHCP server setup?
  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:02:51 +0200
Am Dienstag, 9. August 2016, 21:37:52 CEST schrieb Mikhail Ramendik:
On 9 August 2016 at 20:32, Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I suspect you are using wicked for network managing. Since we have wicked
all interfaces without a connection do not get an ip number on boot.
"on boot" works like "a cable plugin". AFAIK this is not considered a bug,
but a feature.

Thank you very much for pointing me to this! I have googled and found
the solution at
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/504887-Wicked-how-to-setup-a-comp
letely-static-configuration

I have edited the /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 file and added the
following line:

LINK_REQUIRED=no

Really helpful... That's useful a workaround. I have already search for some
solution some time ago and found nothing... Thank you.

Then I rebooted the machine. Now the eth0 interface has an IP address
and the DHCP server restarts successfully.

So, wicked actually has the feature. But in YaST, you can choose "at
boot" yet is't not really at boot. Sounds like a YaST bug to me.
Should I file a bug against YaST in opensuse bugzilla?

I have seen you already file a bug. I think "onboot" should set the option
above. So everything behaves as in pre-wicked times.

Herbert
< Previous Next >