Re: [opensuse] PDF preview in dolphin: too small size
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 17:06:49 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-08-08 13:13, Per Jessen wrote:

Anyway, you can see that what I said is true: the preview does not
fill the available space, and does not resize.

Absolutely true, same here. I just think it's working as designed. For
resizing, I guess you have to resize the preview pane. If you keep the
preview pane as about 1/6 of the screen width, can you read the djvu
previews?

The DjVu previews are full panel size, the PDF are about 1/2 at the
dolphin size I printed. I have resized the panel now to 80% of the
entire display, with the left panel using 20% (11cm vs 45cm). The PDF
preview has a huge grey area, with a very small PDF in the middle. I can
post the screenshot [...] Ok, screenshot , or you may not believe me:

http://susepaste.org/59003787

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, same thing when I look at business-card size
PDFs, they also only scale up to about 80%. Well, like I said, for the
preview that is sufficient for me, if I want to read the doc, I use okular.

It is either a problem of 13.1, or it is a problem of the particular
type of PDF documents I have to view.

Mine are mostly A4 or C5. Yours are smaller - 1/3 of an A4 page? I
have some business card sized PDFs, I'll see how they turn out.

Yes, 1/3, envelope size to be exact, because they are printed paper
slips sent over email instead. But they are not displayed at the paper
size in PDF.

Same with my business cards, looks like max size is about 80%. Same for A4
documents btw.

If I were you and frequently needed to review many of those PDFs, I would
convert them into one PDF, one slip per page and then review them using
okular.

/Per

--
Posted with knode 4.14 from openSUSE Leap42.1
office34: Cyrix 486DX2/66MHz, 4096Mb RAM, #9 GXE