Re: [opensuse] PDF preview in dolphin: too small size
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:13:29 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-08-08 12:14, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Judge for yourselves. As you can see, the PDF preview (the right
hand panel) is barely readable.

Just my opinion -

it's a preview, it's not meant to be readable. It's only purpose is
to give you an indication of whether you've got the right document
before you open
it. If you want to read it, you open it.

I have hundreds of such documents, I need to be able to read them
sufficiently on the right pane, then click next, read it, click
next... On the PDF directory this barely works because they are too
small. On the DjVu directory it works perfectly.

Only when I have to study a bank slip with care I double click to open
it in full.

Anyway, you can see that what I said is true: the preview does not
fill the available space, and does not resize.

Absolutely true, same here. I just think it's working as designed. For
resizing, I guess you have to resize the preview pane. If you keep the
preview pane as about 1/6 of the screen width, can you read the djvu
previews?

It is either a problem of 13.1, or it is a problem of the particular
type of PDF documents I have to view.

Mine are mostly A4 or C5. Yours are smaller - 1/3 of an A4 page? I
have some business card sized PDFs, I'll see how they turn out.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.1°C)