Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
On 2016-08-07 06:27, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 2016-08-07 01:00, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 06/08/16 07:52 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Stevens, you only had to install "kdegraphics-thumbnailers" to get PDF
thumbnails and previews to work in Leap421::dolphin? Hmm, I foresee a
re-install coming up.
That package also worked here. However, the previews are rather useless,
unless you happen to have a spare electron microscope lying around.
...which is why I convert the pdf files to djvu files, and preview those
instead.

...which doesn't do anyone any good, if they have to work with pdf files. ;)

On the contrary. I can preview the files without a microscope, and when
I find the document I need, I can switch to the PDF in a full viewer :-)

Remember that DjVu renders the complete PDF document, including pages.
The only thing you lose is that text is converted to images and can not
be selected as text.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >