Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 10:02:21 +0200
John Andersen wrote:

On 08/05/2016 02:54 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm pretty certain I've been here before, but I can't find the
bugreport (if I wrote one). I'm still hoping to get *office and pdf
previews in dolphin in Leap42.1 (before it turns to 42.2) - those are
a must for office work. After googling quite a bit, I installed
kdegraphics-thumbnailers, but that didn't bring any improvement.
What else do I need to do?

I've answered this a few times, and each time I had to research it all
over again. Old age. The Mind is the Second thing to go. sigh...

Anyway, in dolphin, make sure you visit Settings / Configure Dolphin /
General / Previews and scroll all the way down till you find pdf and
make sure its checked. Check all of the others you are likely to use
while you are at it.

Yep, I've done all of that. (I wish there was a way to set it as the
default on new installations).

At least that way dolphin will try.
Then its just a matter of what packages you have to support it.

Right.

I have only a few installed that specifically mention PDF, either in
their name or in the description:
Ghostscript, libobasis5.1... libpoppler... (three of those) libqpdf13
poppler-tools, calligra-krita gimp gstreamer libe graphicsmagick libe
magiccpre okular

There are of course many more that mention pdf, but I don't have them
installed.

I'm not sure of those that I DO have installed which of those are
needed for pdf previews.

The previews in Dolphin right side panel are scale-able by just
scaling that panel.

The main thing is really the thumbnail, but I think thumbnail, preview
and tooltip all go together.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.6°C)