Re: [opensuse] pdf preview in dolphin?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 14:58:41 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-08-05 11:54, Per Jessen wrote:
I'm pretty certain I've been here before, but I can't find the
bugreport (if I wrote one).
I'm still hoping to get *office and pdf previews in dolphin in
Leap42.1
(before it turns to 42.2) - those are a must for office work. After
googling quite a bit, I installed kdegraphics-thumbnailers, but that
didn't bring any improvement. What else do I need to do?

I initiated a thread on that problem this year, but I use 13.1. For
PDF previews. I solved it, but the previews are smallish. So sometimes
I convert whole directories of PDFs to DjVu, which are displayed
bigger.

16-04-03 15:14
[opensuse] I wonder if there is a quick PDF viewer

The post I wrote Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:20:17 +0200 (CEST) contains the
solution I found.

IIRC, I never had this problem on 13.1 - thumbnails and previews just
worked. Most of my office desktops are 13.1. Anyway, this is Leap421
with KDE5. This and the alt-tab problem are probably the two last
major stumbling blocks.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.9°C)