Re: [opensuse] php / apache error
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 18:39:09 +0200
Paul Groves wrote:

Hi Per, sorry for late reply. Been very busy getting set up for
holidays.

I have an apache 2.4 server on opensuse 42.1 and every so often the
service just stops without warning.

Hi Paul

no problem, I have also been away on summer hols.

If Apache just stops, that sounds like a segfault. I think that ought
to be visible with "systemctl status apache". Otherwise, check the
apache logs in /var/log/apache2. If it's happened recently, 'dmesg'
might show something too.

I am just trying to find out why it has stopped. Starting it again
works no problem.

The server is a physical machine with 8gb ram. I have another similar
web server with the same software which has never had a problem.

If the software is the same, it sounds like it's a hardware issue then.
Memory problem perhaps - have you run a memtest on the failing system?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (28.9°C)