Re: [opensuse] Email Server
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 20:08:19 +0200
Paul Groves wrote:

I think I am making progress but I still have no idea haha. There are
not many tutorials for first time users as far as I can see. I would
be grateful if someone could 'show me the ropes' as it were with linux
email servers. I have only ever used ms exchange before an that was a
breeze to set up with lots of documentation.

I think you will discover there is even more for a Linux mailserver. I
frequently deal with MS Exchange admins who cannot answer simple
questions. For instance, what are the exact criteria for an email
ending up in the Junk folder?

How can I test postfix?

Postfix has three purpose - receive mail, delivery locally or pass on to
somebody else (e.g. dovecot). Which one do you want to start with?

For instance, receiving mail is easily tested with telnet and the SMTP
protocol.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.8°C)