Re: [opensuse] Email Server
On 10/06/16 15:35, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 06/10/2016 09:36 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
On 03/06/16 21:05, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-06-03 20:53, James Knott wrote:
On 06/03/2016 10:48 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
Dovecot is a good bet. It supports IMAPS. SMTP is a different issue
and address books are a function of the email client.
It could be some database that the clients read, like ldap.

I have found this guide (for 13.x but should work on 42.1)

It sort of makes sense but I cannot work out, how do I set up the mail
server for multiple domains? I have several websites hosted and each one
needs to have its own mail.domain.com and me@xxxxxxxxx for example.
Actually, thinking about it, you might be better off reading a more
specific example such as
http://www.akadia.com/services/postfix_separate_mailboxes.html

I think I am making progress but I still have no idea haha. There are not many tutorials for first time users as far as I can see. I would be grateful if someone could 'show me the ropes' as it were with linux email servers. I have only ever used ms exchange before an that was a breeze to set up with lots of documentation.

so far:

I have installed postfix and postifx admin. I have followed the guide here
http://www.linuxmail.info/multiple-domains-postfix-admin-centos-5/

and set up postfix. (not dovecot yet)

How can I test postfix?

I am also a bit confused, I have added my email addresses in postfix admin. Do I also have to make local users with the same name and password?

Thanks