Re: [opensuse] Google Drive command line? (or other cloud backup)
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:08:18 -0400
Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hello Mikhail:

I'd like to do cloud backups of a directory through the command line.
I have Google Drive, can set something else like Dropbox up if
necessary. But what I need is either a solution that takes a standard
protocol like FTP, or a decent command line client.

I recently tried out google-drive-ocamlfuse[1], which a fuse filesystem
to mount Google Drive as a local directory.

There is an OpenSUSE package in this repo:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/ocaml/<OpenSUSE
Version>

Unfortunately, it is dated and does not work due to some
changes. However after tracking down the dependencies. with a little
elbow grease, and compiling the git version- it is working well. It
offers the following features:

,----
| - Full read/write access to ordinary files and folders
| - Read-only access to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides (exported to
| configurable formats)
| - Multiple account support
| - Duplicate file handling
| - Access to trash (.Trash directory)
`----

Charles

Footnotes:
[1] https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse

--
"It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God."
(By Matt Welsh)