Re: [opensuse] Building a mid-range desktop PC - lower cost MB/CPU/video solution?
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10 June 2016 at 20:34, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It does not look hopeless to me. Manual HDMI switches are up on eBay...

Reference please? Maybe the marketplace has changed since I quit hoping to
find one (with more than 4 inputs). When I last looked, automatic was always
somewhere in the description of every switch that included manual switching
capability.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cee-Tech-2-Port-Manual-Hdmi-Switch-/231527272498?hash=item35e819d032:g:FVIAAOSwstxVJd8Q

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-3x1-Switch-Manual-Switch-1x3-Splitter-Bi-direction-Full-HD-V1-4-1080P-4K-3D-/181759066807?hash=item2a51af42b7:g:D9YAAOSweW5VZyO1

That's another very quick search, which I did from the US site this
time. (I am in Ireland)

"Manual HDMI switch" seems to give a lot of results, and perhaps half
of them seem to be manual-only.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

I still need a HDMI switch (preferably manual).

As to the PC, I just placed my order (I stuck to the Skylake i5):

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dCZJxY

With shipping and tax it was closer to $600. (I paid more for the
quieter fans. I know my current equipment is very quiet.

I bought everything from Newegg to simplify the purchase. Cost a few
dollars more than picking a different vendor for every part, but I'm
hoping I'll get everything at one time, not spread out over a couple
weeks like the last time I ordered parts from various vendors.

Greg