Re: [opensuse] getting sensors to work
  • From: Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 20:50:23 +0100
On 10 June 2016 at 18:12, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not - but, after loading the module manually and before any
reboot, I slammed straight into another issue. Somehow pwmconfig
never managed to stop the right fan. The reason might be that when
one puts 0, or 20 or less, into pwm2 (which is the right fan), it
just goes full speed. With 30 it goes quiet.

Dunno, but if the init.d file is the one you posted, you should
reinstall the package.

Or was it a typo on the post?

I have reinstalled it now. I think that was a typo as the file is
really /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors

I have now enabled and started lm_sensors.service. Still, pwmconfig is
unable to stop the CPU fan (there is no other fan to control) and
fancontrol does not get a working config.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik