Re: [opensuse] Google Drive command line? (or other cloud backup)
On 06/09/2016 02:36 PM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to do cloud backups of a directory through the command line.
I have Google Drive, can set something else like Dropbox up if
necessary. But what I need is either a solution that takes a standard
protocol like FTP, or a decent command line client.

A search of opensuse packages gave me "grive" but I could not make it
work. It always tries to sync, seemingly without an option for setting
just what it should sync. And it always ends with some exception or
other.

I do not need fancy "sync", I just need a way to push a file onto the
cloud backup. I'll probably write a script to zip the directory up
with a timestamp and push it up. The size is too small to worry about
proper incremental backups.

So which command line client, for Google Drive or something else,
should I try? Thanks!

http://olivermarshall.net/how-to-upload-a-file-to-google-drive-from-the-command-line/

You know, when I did a google search on the words
command line google drive upload
I found something like 478,000 hits.