Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On Fri, 2016-06-10 at 17:42 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:
I take it reorganizing the paths or using a ramfs cache are not
sensible for whatever reason?

It's shared environment, minor changes that don't change the general
scheme would be fine, I could even disable open_basedir.

I haven't thought about the implications of disabling open_basedir at
all.

Could you try connecting an iSCSI filesystem to your test machine? That
might prove whether iSCSI is an essential feature of the problem. If it
is then adding a local hard disk to the server might be the cheapest
solution? Though probably cause you maintenance issues in the future.

Have you got anywhere with enquiries to processwire or PHP?

Well -

a) processwire, never even got my forum registratrion confirmation.
b) I tried logging into http://bugs.php.net to update the bug, but my
old userid doesn't seem valid anymore - login only possible with
@php.net addresses. :-)

The bug seems moribund, in that only people who have the problem have
posted to it recently, not people who might play a part in its solution.
So I thought it might be more productive to post to the mailing list.
But if you already had a login, I can see why the bug would be first
port of call.

Cheers, Dave