Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:42:59 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

So surely the kernel has to go right back to the filesystem every
time to make sure it gets current state information.

What atime setting does the filesystem have? Anything other than
noatime will definitely require the kernel to go right back to the
disk blocks at least some of the time.

Umm, /srv/www is not mounted with noatime, maybe that needs testing
too. Seems like a reasonable thing for a webserver.

There's some difference between the production server versus the test
server and development machine that is causing the problem (in the
sense of making bad behaviour unacceptable - lots of lstats taking a
very long time - apparently over 250 µs each). I'm just trying to
thing of things that might affect the timing.

I take it reorganizing the paths or using a ramfs cache are not
sensible for whatever reason?

It's shared environment, minor changes that don't change the general
scheme would be fine, I could even disable open_basedir.

Have you got anywhere with enquiries to processwire or PHP?

Well -

a) processwire, never even got my forum registratrion confirmation.
b) I tried logging into http://bugs.php.net to update the bug, but my
old userid doesn't seem valid anymore - login only possible with
@php.net addresses. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.5°C)