Re: [opensuse] getting sensors to work
On 9 June 2016 at 23:29, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should have a file "/etc/init.d/lm_sensors" intact from the rpm
package "sensors". You probably replaced the correct init file with
the configuration file, so force install the rpm with YaST to correct
the situation. Or extract that single file from the rpm and copy it to
the correct place.

I did not - but, after loading the module manually and before any
reboot, I slammed straight into another issue. Somehow pwmconfig never
managed to stop the right fan. The reason might be that when one puts
0, or 20 or less, into pwm2 (which is the right fan), it just goes
full speed. With 30 it goes quiet.

And so it failed to write a correct fancontrol config, too.

I'm thinking of bailing out, especially since it seems that the noise
I hear is all PSU anyway.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik