[opensuse] Re: getting sensors to work
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 00:14, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to control my fan speed. I have installed the sensors package
and ran sensors-detect (as root). Here is what I got at the end:

Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no):
Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

The only non-commented line in the new etc/init.d/lm_sensors is:

HWMON_MODULES="coretemp nct6775"

So how do I get hese modules to load? I do not know where
prog/init/lm_sensors.init is, and besides, opensuse uses systemd, non
sysv-init?

When I do "modprobe nct6775", pwmconfig works, but this is just until
the next reboot unless I can get the modules to load automatically.

hmm, does lm_sensors even get started at boot? check that first!

[code]
systemctl status lm_sensors.service
[code]

output should start with:
[output]
lm_sensors.service - Initialize hardware monitoring sensors
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/lm_sensors.service; enabled)
Active: active (exited) since .....
[/output]

to enable (automatic start at boot):
[code]