Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 06/09/2016 04:19 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:
Why do I know Perl and not PHP? It's not a coincidence.

LOL!

+ LOTS!

I've been using Perl for over 25 years, done some amazing stuff with it.
I've looked at PHP a couple of times, bought a book about it years ago;
opened it, read the first chapter and decided that this was not for me.

Like this:
<quote
src="https://blog.nexcess.net/2010/03/31/php-open_basedir-and-magento-performance/";>
There are negative side effects in relation to system performance when
using open_basedir. The most significant is that when open_basedir is
enabled, the PHP realpath cache will be disabled. The PHP realpath cache
has been available in PHP since 5.1.0 and caches the paths of PHP
include files.

If running a smaller site with a low file count and with relatively
shallow directory paths, the fact that directory paths will not be
cached isn’t necessarily essential. But with applications such as
Magento built on the Zend Framework, you end up with both a large base
file count with a large include path and a very deep directory
structure. In this situation you need to make sure that your paths do
become cached with the realpath cache which means leaving open_basedir
disabled.
</quote>

You don't get nonsense like that with Perl.