Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 06/09/2016 11:56 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
Disabling open_basedir while also disabling symlinks in PHP and ideally
in Apache if possible might be a fix. I haven't looked closely enough to
know. I'm nervous about deliberately opening security holes for good
reason since the bad guys will be testing for those.

Adding a local disk is almost certainly a fix, if possible.

Making a RAM-based filesystem to cache that part of your disks might be
a possibility, if you can separate out anything thta changes state
whilst the service is active.

Those are god ideas, Dave, but they really patch over the problem, which
I think is a design/architecture one:

Why is it lstat()ing all those files every time?

Solve that and those 'patches' aren't critical.
I'm not saying that speed improvements like these are of no use, just
that a design/architecture change gets to the root cause and fixing that
is more bountiful.