Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 2016-06-09 08:06, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-06-08 15:18, Per Jessen wrote:

I count 184 open() call, of which 157 on '/srv/www/vhosts'. 176
calls of access(), and 15136 x lstat64().

There is another tool that says how much time is used on each zone or
call. Ah, a profiler. Maybe thousands of calls to the same function is
the issue, or maybe not because the i/o is cached.

But I don't remember how to use a profiler in Linux this instant.

If it were C-code, no problem, but it's PHP. Regardless, it's not so
important how much time is spent where, it's about reducing the time
from 4 seconds to 1 second.

Well, exactly. Find out the line(s) in the source code where most time
is spent. Hopefully those 4 seconds are lost in a small section, even a
single line, perhaps a loop. Once found, the code can be changed.

Unfortunately, it is php code.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)