Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 06/08/2016 12:23 PM, Per Jessen wrote:

The developer claims the site serves fine on his own PC

yea, right!

I had that years ago from an accounting system developer.
Only my client loaded up a complete warehouse of inventory and about 500
transactions per day. When we marched down to visit the developer he
only had a couple of dozen items and tried it with one or two transactions.

He simply didn't understand 'scalability' and was locking every
transaction. For much too long.
Yes the code was 'accounting practices perfect', but the system was
unusable in a real world situation.

A massive recoding and finer grained modularization (and hence locking)
also speeded up in other ways such as cache reticence.