Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 15:18:05 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-06-08 13:35, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I would run apache single-threaded with strace, but I can't on a
production server :-)

You can attach to a PID of an already running process. strace can
attach to children automatically, but I don't know if you can do
that with PID.

Yes, but I can't tell which apache thread is going to run my request.
Hmm, I guess I could strace all of them ....

Yes, that is what I meant.

-f Trace child processes as they are created by
currently traced processes as a result of the fork(2), vfork(2)
and clone(2)
system calls. Note that -p PID -f will attach all
threads of process PID if it is multi-threaded, not
only thread with thread_id = PID.

-ff If the -o filename option is in effect, each
processes trace is written to filename.pid where pid is the
numeric process
id of each process. This is incompatible with -c,
since no per-process counts are kept.

That is slightly different - apache runs a number threads, afaict each
forks a new one per request. Anyway, I straced all the running threads
and got a good trace!

/home/per/Diagnostics/strace-http-21602-23194.txt

The request starts around 13:52:03.875969 and finishes 13:52:11.622257
(roughly). It took a little longer than normal, presumably due to the
strace?
I count 184 open() call, of which 157 on '/srv/www/vhosts'. 176 calls of
access(), and 15136 x lstat64().

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.4°C)