Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/08/2016 01:46 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
This is not what was supposed to be internet when it was invented.
Everyone was supposed to have a fixed IP, so that we could connect
with anyone we sished for whatever reason we wanted.
The internet when it was created was never supposed to connect every man
and his dog (and its fleas) :-)

It was also experimental and the plan was to have longer addresses when
released. At least that's what Vint Cerf says. He is also strongly in
favour of moving to IPv6 as fast as possible.

BTW, it was Vint Cerf who's a father of the Internet, not Al Gore. ;-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vint_Cerf