Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:23:59 +0200
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 07-06-16 om 17:48 schreef James Knott:
On 06/07/2016 09:27 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
To answer your own question - that is precisely why Koenraad thinks
his "addresses will change".

To clarify things :
My dsl-line isn't absolutely stable. Every time the dsl-signal syncs
again, I get a new prefix.
E.g. today I already have received two different addresses :
2a02:a03f:2400:7527:3631:c4ff:fe5c:1427
2a02:a03f:2400:7b80:3631:c4ff:fe5c:1427

That sounds like you may have a problem. Have you contacted your ISP
about this? It's certainly not normal.

What's not normal ? The prefixes, or the instability ?
The prefixes : they want money to have a fixed prefix.

Clever.

The instablility : long story.

ISTR having such issues with adsl too, in the very beginning, maybe ten
years ago. I think I ended up with some sort of keep-alive script.
(the IPs were fixed anyway). Not sure what the real problem was.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.9°C)