Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 07:20 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
When I was getting a /56 via 6in4 tunnel, I was able to configure
openSUSE to pass a 2nd /64 to a VLAN and updated radvd accordingly to
hand out the appropriate prefix. So, it's not a problem for a Linux
based or commercial grade router to handle. I'm currently running
pfsense and it also supports multiple local interfaces, including
VLANs.
This doesn't sound overly relevant when you weren't using DHCPv6-PD with
your tunnel?

I was referring to splitting up a /56, which is what the quoted part was
about.

However you get a /56, it has to be spit up to be useful. In the most
basic setup, the 1st /64 is used and the others are not. In this
context, how I get the /56 is irrelevant. If when my ISP gets around to
providing bigger prefixes than a /64, I will again be able split that
prefix.