Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 06:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 07-06-16 om 12:17 schreef Carlos E. R.:
The router gets the prefix from the ISP, I understand. Everything
connected to the router should get that prefix.

Or, everything gets a non-routable prefix instead, and the router
does NAT (or something).

I think there is a misunderstanding.
I get a /56 prefix from my ISP, i.e. 256 /64 subnets.
Hosts directly attached to the router get an address in some /64
subnet (say #00).
Right. 2001:db8::

There I can add another router (my linux-firewall),
so its "external" interface gets an address in that first prefix
(#00).
2001:db8::2

The "internal" interface gets an address in another /64 subnet (via
PD, some subnet other than #00)).
2001:db8::1:1

And these internal addresses are unknown to the first router (I think,
or is there some ipv6 magic ?).
How does your internal network get a /64 network?

radvd should only emit to the internal interface, isn't it ?

radvd will use whatever interfaces it's configured for. Is it your
radvd or the one of the dsl router?

When I was getting a /56 via 6in4 tunnel, I was able to configure
openSUSE to pass a 2nd /64 to a VLAN and updated radvd accordingly to
hand out the appropriate prefix. So, it's not a problem for a Linux
based or commercial grade router to handle. I'm currently running
pfsense and it also supports multiple local interfaces, including VLANs.