Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 06:38 AM, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Op 07-06-16 om 12:17 schreef Carlos E. R.:
The router gets the prefix from the ISP, I understand. Everything
connected to the router should get that prefix.

Or, everything gets a non-routable prefix instead, and the router does
NAT (or something).

I think there is a misunderstanding.
I get a /56 prefix from my ISP, i.e. 256 /64 subnets. Hosts directly
attached to the router get an address in some /64 subnet (say #00).
There I can add another router (my linux-firewall), so its "external"
interface gets an address in that first prefix (#00). The "internal"
interface gets an address in another /64 subnet (via PD, some subnet
other than #00)). And these internal addresses are unknown to the
first router (I think, or is there some ipv6 magic ?).
radvd should only emit to the internal interface, isn't it ?

You'd have to involve the 1st router in splitting the /56. It's easy
enough to do with a proper router, such as one created with Linux or
commercial routers from Cisco etc.. However, consumer grade routers are
not likely to be able to do that.