Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 03:56 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 03-06-16 om 13:49 schreef Per Jessen:
I meant running one's own ipv6 router is not mainstream, not whether
PD
is used by the provider. I'm sure the latter is already mainstream.

Was busy trying with pfSense ;-).

Maybe the setup is not mainstream, but what's the point of getting a
/56 prefix when you can't use all of the subnets ?
There is no problem in that - as long as you use a static config. I've
been doing that for 6-7 years. The problem is purely in using the PD
on your Linux router box, and that, I suspect, is not mainstream.
(otherwise we would have heard the hordes of people by now).

You can't use a static config, if your ISP uses dhcpv6-pd. You have to
use the prefix they assign. However, dhcpv6-pd has a mechanism to tie
the prefix to your hardware.

Btw, I think I saw someone mention a code fix already, but I can't find
the reference now. Might be in github/wicked.