Re: [opensuse] Does 13.2+ work with shorewall properly yet? Read about wicked/systemd woes
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 17:09:53 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cagsm wrote:

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Togan Muftuoglu
<toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And since I am the maintainer of shorewall packages the answer will
be same, wicked has to stop thinking there is only SuSEfirewall2 as
a firewall package

Is there news on the shorewall and wicked or systemd stuff?

Why does wicked need to know about firewalls anyway?

E.g. you need to allow specific ports and protocols when doing VPN; it
would be helpful if wicked (or NM or whatever) could automatically do
it when VPN is configured (or, better, when connection is activated).

Not a bad example - does wicked actually run VPNs? I have used openvpn
for 10 years now - just got reminded yesterday when the certs
expired :-) Took me a while to work out what needing doing ....

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.5°C)