Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
  • From: "Aaron Digulla" <digulla@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:37:22 +0200

Am Samstag, 04. Juni 2016 13:23 CEST, "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

To transmit via email, put the image into an archive and encrypt the>>>>
archive with AES and use a good password. Tell the company the password
by phone.
How would one encrypt with AES? :-?

7z supports AES-256 on all platforms.

http://www.howtogeek.com/203590/how-to-create-secure-encrypted-zip-or-7z-archives-on-any-operating-system/

Ok.

But then they have access to the document in clear. They would extract
it, then forward it in clear to whatever department or agency requests
it, on clear email.

I saw your comment and I agree. It seems that the latest PDF versions support
AES, so encrypted PDFs look like a good solution ... just don't forget to also
disable "printing allowed" etc. or they will print and rescan.

Or make a photo with a mobile phone while cursing you and all your descendants
for the trouble which you're causing :-)

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/