Re: [opensuse] Wine installation crashes
Op maandag 6 juni 2016 15:49:17 CEST schreef Vojtěch Zeisek:
Dne pondělí 6. června 2016 16:23:23 CEST, auxsvr napsal(a):
On Monday, 6 June 2016 15:11:18 EEST Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
$ file Program.exe
Program.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
seems correct. Interestingly, I can't find any *.rsrc file referred in
the output above in whol ~/.wine or Program's directory.

.rsrc is a section in the PE32 file format, it is not a separate file.
Would you provide some more information about the executable, i.e. was
it written for Windows before NT etc.? Even better if it is available to
download.

Thank You for all the help and details. Unfortunately, I can't provide the
software (it was purchased together with a lab instrument). It was designed
for Windows XP, 32 bit.

Did you try launching `
winefile
from a command prompt, then browse to the setup.exe and double-click it? It
should have the necessary paths available.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team