Re: [opensuse] Slower download in browsers
On 2016-06-06 10:26, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello,

Sorry for the flood of threads - I'm giving a new install a good test run
here.

My broadband gives me 30 Mbit/sec download. The WiFi link is more than
that at 144.

When I use wget on the Leap box to download something bit, I get the
expected speeds of somewhat over 3 megabytes per second.

However, downloads in browsers (Chrome, Firefox) are noticeably
slower, up to a third slower even. And speed tests in browsers give
erratic download results - around 15-20 MBit/sec. (The tests work fine
on WIndows and Android systems on the same network).

What could be the problem and how can I fix it, if it can be fixed at
all? Thanks!

I haven't noticed this, except that browsers are huge applications
(currently 3 GB Virt, 1 resident, here) and if the computer doesn't have
enough resources (ram, cpu) then downloads might run slower.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)