Re: [opensuse] Mounting removable media into fixed mount points?
On 2016-06-06 08:45, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Mikhail Ramendik <> wrote:
Hello,

OpenSUSE Leap with KDE mounts removable media into unique paths like
/run/mesia/user/label.

This is good when one wants to use a GUI, but not great for accesing a
CD/DVD or USB flash drive using a command line.

Is there a way to also mount them, as aliases, into fixed mount
points, such as /media/dvd or /media/flash?

The only way known to me is to add these devices to /etc/fstab (be
sure to have noauto,nofail then).

user,noauto,nofail

You will need to authenticate mount
as root (or change polkit configuration). You could also consider
using autofs on these devices.

There is another method, to mount them automatically on /media/label,
which I know works on 13.1