Re: [opensuse] On redundant technology and the context for its use
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 10:33 AM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How many people still use horses as a means of transport? Outside of a
few small groups, no one in the western world. How many still use them
to plow fields? Same answer. People have horses for riding, as pets,
for races, for show etc., but they are no longer the beasts of burden
they were for centuries.

ranchers still use them to manage cows..

Not too long ago my dad was riding along with my uncle in a pick-up
truck. They came across a cow with a large boil on one ear. My uncle
(a rancher and a vet) said they had two choices: drive 10 miles or so
to the barn and get a couple horses so they could pin down that cow
and lance the boil, .... or see if he was a good enough vet to lance
it from a distance (how would you do that?).

turns out he replaced a horse with a rifle that day, but you have to
be cantankerous old cuss to lance a boil with a bullet (and he is).

Greg

--
Greg Freemyer
www.IntelligentAvatar.net