Re: [opensuse] can not start yast2 in alternative session
On 2016-06-05 23:41, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

This is in openSUSE 13.1 with its default kDE4 desktop.
If I login as user1 at the first desktop session I can start yast2 from the
start menu.
If user2 logs in at the first desktop session and I login as user1 at the
second desktop session, I cannot start yast2 from the start menu. If I click
the application, nothing happens. If I try to run yast2 in a konsole I don't
get a response either:

~> /usr/bin/xdg-su -c /sbin/yast2 # I copied this command from kicker
menu

In console you would instead do:

su -
yast2 --qt &

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)