Re: [opensuse] amazon.com not working in chrome
On Sunday, 5 June 2016 20:25:01 EEST tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So amazon.com is not working in chrome while I am running opensuse
Leap 42.1 an any of my 3 machines. If I go to that page in firefox,
it works. If I boot into windows and open amazon.com in chrome in
windows, it works. But in linux, when I open amazon.com, I get this
error:

-----------------------
HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: fil

type Exception report

message Request processing failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: fil

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request
processing failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: fil

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(Frame
workServlet.java:981)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServl
et.java:860)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:624)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkSer
vlet.java:845)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMerge
dOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:168)
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView
.java:303) ----------------------------------------

Then there is a ton of more errors.

The java version I am using is this:

Your local java installation cannot be the cause. Status 500 indicates a
server error, i.e. Amazon's serving program in java has problems with
the requests your browser makes.

It just started doing this since the last update, a few days ago. I
also noticed that when I run Windows as a guest OS in virtualbox, I
get the same error and cannot load the home page of amazon.com in
chrome windows as a guest OS. But if instead I boot directly into
windows on my laptop, I can go to amazon.com in chrome.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I can access amazon.com fine using chrome 51.0.2704.63-1.x86-64. Perhaps
you should clear some cookies? Have you set some weird locale in the
settings? Do you log in with your account when this occurs?
--
Regards,
Peter