Re: [opensuse] DHCPv6-PD request
On 06/05/2016 05:42 AM, Dave Plater wrote:

On 19/04/2016 04:30, James Knott wrote:
My ISP is finally rolling out IPv6. One thing that's required is for
the router to make a DHCPv6-PD request to get the prefix info etc. I
don't know if my router/firewall, based on openSUSE 13.1 is doing that.
I don't see anything in Wireshark that would indicate it's making that
sort of request. I'm also not aware of any configuration that would
enable it. Does anyone know anything about this?

tnx jk

Hi, have you tried the ISC DHCP Client - dhcp-client? It seems to have
taken over from dhcpcd in opensuse and appears to support DHCPv6-PD.
I've been following this thread with interest and wondered why dhcpcd
was dropped from factory at the beginning of 2015 maybe your problem
is the reason why.

Actually, I did try dhcpcd, but couldn't get it to work with dhcpv6-pd.
After two frustrating weeks trying to get it to work, I moved to pfsense
for my firewall/router. It supports dhcpv6-pd. I had it installed and
up & running in no time. It works well. The only shortcoming is I
can't run Wireshark on it (yet). Apparently, wicked has much of what's
required to support dhcpv6-pd, but, for whatever reason, it wasn't
completed.