Re: [opensuse] Re: OFF-LIST Do you think this can be done? I'm not sure
On 06/04/2016 11:35 PM, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
I have worked with both thin net and thick net (vampire taps :). When the T-W
technician hooked up the current Internet cable modem and I plugged in my
Thinkpad, I was pleasantly surprised to see it announce 1Gbps. Haven't seen
that before. The other side was 100Mbps at first, apparently a
mis-configuration. After a few months it dropped down to the 50Mbps I was
paying for.

We've come a long way from the first modem I bought, 1200 bps. Never owned a
300bps acoutic modem though I've used a few at work.

I occasionally see 10 Gb at work. My first modem was a 300B manual
modem. I got that thanks to the Adventure game. One day my wife was
visiting my office and I showed her Adventure on a VAX. She asked if we
could play it on my computer (an IMSAI 8080). I said no, but if we had
a modem, she could dial into the VAX. I was soon the proud owner of
that 300B modem. :-)