Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
04.06.2016 16:40, Jeremy Baker пишет:
04.06.2016 00:52, Jeremy Baker пишет:
On 06/03/2016 05:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 06/03/2016 04:23 PM, Jeremy Baker wrote:
I had no trouble getting dhcpcd to work on Leap, but my connection was
pppoe with teksavvy and handled entirely outside of the standard suse
configuration - wicked only know about the underlying network interface,
not ppp0
How did you get your prefix?

my /etc/ppp/ip-up script was as follows

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ppp0/accept_ra
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ppp0/forwarding
dhcpcd -6 --noipv4ll -t 0 ppp0 &
sleep 20
service radvd restart

What openSUSE version?

Do you use radvd to redistribute prefix received by dhcpcd? Could you
show config files for dhcpcd and radvd?

Why do you restart radvd? Ny understanding is, it should be notified of
new address on interface and automatically pick it for prefix distribution.

Thanks! (Although I see now you already posted it in the other
mega-thread :)

My version is Leap 42.1

I am using radvd to distribute prefix to clients. I would restart it
after a brief wait because there were times when it would start before
the prefix was assigned, and it didn't appear to have the functionality
you describe above.

Hmm ... I rechecked sources and build log and radvd is built with
netlink support so it should do it. Pity I do not have real life
infrastructure for IPv6 to test.

my dhcpcd.conf:

noipv6rs
interface ppp0
ipv6rs
ipv6only
iaid 1
ia_pd 1 int_mb/5
duid
persistent
option rapid_commit
option classless_static_routes

my radvd.conf:

interface int_mb
{
AdvSendAdvert on;
AdvManagedFlag off;
AdvOtherConfigFlag off;
prefix ::/64 {
AdvOnLink on;
AdvAutonomous on;
AdvRouterAddr on;

I wonder why you need it? Normally it is used for Mobile IPv6, for
standard case it is enough to advertise prefix.

};
}; # End of interface definition