Re: [opensuse] Gobs of RAM?
03.06.2016 20:15, Lew Wolfgang пишет:
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have experience with openSUSE and lots of RAM?
By lots, I mean as much as 6.1-TB of ECC RAM. Can Leap
effectively use that much memory?

SLES can - there are in-memory database appliances with up to 15TB of
memory, certified with SLES. Given that Leap kernel configuration should
be close to SLES and - hopefully - should also include SLES patches I'd
say "yes". Although of course *Leap* (or any operating system pure) does
not need as much - the real question is, can your application sensibly
use that amount of memory.

Also, how about Python and matplotlib? I know there are
better lists on which to ask that question, but the
experience here runs deep and I bet someone knows. Or,
can at least offer an opinion! :-)

Thanks,
Lew