Re: [opensuse] Kernel 4.5 runs not so great!
On 21.03.2016 09:21, Aaron Digulla wrote:
I have pm-utils installed. I'll try without it tonight and let you
know my results. Does systemd somehow log problems during hibernate?

My odyssey went on for a while. Final word is that I can't get hibernate
to work Tumbleweed. I even bought a new computer because I hoped the USB
3 bugs which plagued my scanners would be fixed.

I then switched to Leap and hibernate now works.

Interestingly, my scanner now only works with USB 3. I had installed an
USB 2 PCI card to work around the bugs in openSUSE 13.2 and some fancy
marketing name for the mainboard which promised low power usage. The USB
2 card can't reliably talk to the scanner anymore but when I plugged it
into a mainboard USB port, it worked just like before. Weird.

I hope that the problems I encountered with Tumbleweed were some
Tumbleweed specific glitch and not a regression introduced with Kernel 4.2+.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/