Re: [opensuse] Gobs of RAM?
On 06/03/2016 12:04 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
E7-8893v3
Per Intel:
Recommended Customer Price $6841.00

So, over $25K just for the 4 CPUs

Probably over $50K for the RAM.

This is one hell of a machine you are talking about.

The "pie-in-the-sky" quote was about $175,000 US. This included 400-GB
of NVMe for the operating system.

The data disks would be a RAID of spinning SAS. We've lots of experience here
and can manage 1.4-GB/sec writing to an 11-disk RAID6 array.

But it looks today like they choked on the price and are now considering
modification
of the display algorithms to run on smaller machines. Still, it would have
been fun...

Thanks for your help Greg, the vendor I was working with is going to look at
the link you sent too.

Regards,
Lew