Re: [opensuse] Re: the price of books
On 02/06/16 20:59, Per Jessen wrote:
Daniel Bauer wrote:
Am 02.06.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Per Jessen:
this is geotargeting. More and more websites show different prices for
different countries, first and foremost travel agencies and flight
tickets.

That has been like that for more than twenty years. I used to work in
the airline industry, I know quite well how to get the best car rental
prices. Nothing new about it at all. Airlines tickets, yep - train
tickets, they're catching up.
However, inside the EU there is little reason for such big price
differences on e.g. consumer goods, unless they're produced locallyor
unless they;re subject to local taxation or price regulation.
Read "little reason" == "it's illegal".

Recently I was booking a flight with British Airways and found that the prices shot up on their UK site, so I had to book through their French site instead which offered much better deals for the exact same flights.